Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is all about childhood characters we’d like to revisit in their adult years.
I think it is fair to say that I was a bit obsessed with Meg Cabot as a teenager. I read almost all of her series and owned the majority of her YA books. When she released Royal Wedding last year, I knew I had to revisit the series so that I could have Mia’s teenage years firmly in mind when I went back to read about her as a grownup. Needless to say it was awesome and I want more! So here are characters from my childhood I want to know more about as adults:
- Everyone from Harry Potter—So I know there’s an epilogue at the end of the last book, which gives you a pretty good idea about what happens next. But I want more details. Like Neville’s a professor, but has he found love? What’s a typical day like for Harry and Ginny? What shenanigans do the kids get up to? Do Hermione and Ron still bicker? These are important questions, people!
- Alice from Alice in Wonderland—Does she grow up to be as boring as her sister? Does she still live in her imagination? I want to know.
- Sam from Meg Cabot’s All-American Girl—Where do you go to college after you save the president? Are you destined for some type of diplomatic position or do you pursue your artistic dreams? I don’t think Meg Cabot will be releasing another book, but I’d settle for a short story.
- Mary and Colin from Frances Hodgson Burnett’s The Secret Garden—I want to know how they keep up the garden, who they marry, and how their lives end up.
- Matilda from Roald Dahl’s Matilda—What do you do for a living when you can move things with your mind?
- Margaret from Judy Blume’s Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret—I mean, it seems like she’ll eventually end up a well-adjusted adult, but who can say?
Did I miss any characters from your favorite children’s books? Who would you like to see as an adult?
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Where are they now? Children’s and YA Characters I’d Like Epilogues For”
Matilda and Hermione, definitely 🙂 Where are they then? My TTT.
Absolutely everyone from Harry Potter, particularly George and Draco for me. Both of their lives seemed particularly up in the air at the end of the series, and really feel like I need to know more!
My TTT is a little different, since I didn’t focus on childhood characters, but here you go: https://brownbooksandgreentea.com/2016/05/03/characters-id-like-to-see-10-years-later/
I had Harry Potter characters on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/top-ten-tuesday-55/
i absolutely agree that we need way more info than the epilogue at the end of Deathly Hallows gave us! And I included The Secret Garden on my list today too 🙂 My TTT
Margaret made my list too!!