Rae of Bookmark Chronicles kindly nominated me for the Siblinghood of Bloggers Award. You should really check out her blog if you haven’t already.
The award consists of:
- Thanking the person who nominated you
- Answering their ten questions in a blog post
- Asking ten new questions
- Nominating new people for the award
These are my answers to Rae’s questions:
- One thing that you cannot live without: Without a doubt I couldn’t live without books.
- Favorite meal: This is pretty tough for me. I’d say my favorite meal would start with a traditional bruschetta or baked cheese and garlic with some sort of bread companion, which would then segue into a marvelous soup followed by risotto with mushrooms and sausage and would finish with a not to sweet dessert with some sort of berry. That or a really fabulous Thai drunken noodles with lots of veggies.
- What do you typically eat for breakfast? Nothing. I know breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day, but it’s not really my cup of tea (which is all I typically have. Or coffee.) My ideal breakfast is a really good cappuccino and the flakiest, butteriest, crispiest-outside croissant you can imagine.
- Book(s) that would make a good TV series: Meg Cabot’s The Mediator Series is something I could definitely see happening. Also Lauren Willig’s Pink Carnation series is a historical drama I would definitely get into.
- Worst book you’ve ever read: This is a very hard question to answer. My least favorite books were ones we had to read in school (because out of school I just read things I wanted to read) and probably my very least favorite was Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. It wasn’t so bad the first time, but I changed schools often and so had to read/watch the film at least once a year from 3rd to 8th grade, which got old extremely quickly.
- Favorite seasonal beverage: cocoa is definitely a favorite for fall and winter. I’ve started making it from scratch and it’s amazing. I also love a good spiced cider. And sangria is my favorite summer drink.
- What are you currently reading? The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
- If you started another blog, what would it be about? Thankfully my blog allows me to pursue almost every topic I can think of, but if I wanted to go full steam on another topic, it would probably be history, especially of the sartorial variety.
- What’s your dream job? I am so lucky to be able to do my dream job (writing) every day.
- If you could go anywhere in the world (all expenses paid) where would you go? Everywhere. To be more specific, my first stop would be Venice. It’s been the number one stop on my list for a decade. I would also not rest until I saw England (and the UK more widely), Greece, Spain, and Egypt. Honestly though, travel is such an amazing opportunity and I will go anywhere and everywhere that I possibly can.
- What three books would you bring with you on a desert island?
- What movie makes you want to get up and dance (or just never fails to make you happy)?
- Do you have a morning ritual that helps you get psyched for your day? If so, what is it?
- What are you most looking forward to this fall?
- Is there something that you cook or bake that brings back fond memories?
- On a lazy day, what are you most likely to be found doing?
- What three songs are you listening to most this week?
- Is there a specific time of day you like to blog most?
- When do you start holiday shopping?
- Which fictional characters (from film, tv, or books) would you most like to meet and what activity would you want to do with them?
- Jennifer @ Demented Darling
- Charlotte @ Tales of Chinese Cooking
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight
- Bits and Books, with Sarah
- Sam @ Sugar and Sam
If you’ve already participated or don’t feel like participating, please feel free to ignore the nomination. Happy blogging!