I have enough books on my TBR to fill years and years (and years and years) of reading without ever looking at a new release. Most new releases I find in the similarly titled section of the library. There are very few if any books that I look forward to and buy immediately (or even read immediately) before their release, so I was helped out by this accommodating list on Goodreads of upcoming fiction releases for 2016. I only picked the first 8 that seemed intriguing, but there are plenty more I will be adding to my already long TBR list (the links go back to Goodreads).
- The Rose and the Dagger Renee Ahdieh–I think I’ve made it quite clear how much I’m looking forward to this book and the continuing series
- The Winds of Winter George RR Martin–the release date has not been sent, but this rumored release is my most anticipated
- The Longest Night Andria Williams–historical fiction about the story of a marriage, plus it’s set in Idaho, and that’s something I pay attention to now
- A Doubter’s Almanac Ethan Canin–genius, jealousy, and a family saga set in California–there’s not much more you can ask for
- The Flood Girls Richard Fifield–this looks fun and witty
- My Name is Lucy Barton Elizabeth Strout–it might make me cry, but I think it’ll be worth it
- The Portable Veblen Elizabeth McKenzie–two people on the brink of marriage in Palo Alto, and it all goes downhill from there
- Relativity Antonia Hayes—a gifted boy has to navigate dealing with his parents
- The Queen of the Night Alexander Chee–a mystery wrapped up in an Opera house
- At The Edge of the Orchard Tracy Chevalier–historical fiction about apple orchards back east and the California gold rush
Is there a book you’re looking forward to reading next year (whatever it’s release date)?