Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Broke and the Bookish.
I don’t tend to keep up with new book releases because I don’t read new books all that often. I get a peek when things come out in the New York Times Book Review, and that’s about it. But some books manage to get through that and are on my radar. Here are some books I’m looking forward to, even if I’ve only heard about them today. Interestingly, all of them are by authors I’ve read at least one book from. I need to keep better track of books by authors I enjoy…
- League of Dragons by Naomi Novik–The last book in her Temeraire series that I’m making my way through. I picked up this series after falling in love with Uprooted last year, but this series, which is set in a Napoleonic period but with dragons, is really good though really different. (avail today 6/14)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling–I’m not sure how I feel about this play turned book, but I’m going to devour it regardless. (avail 7/31)
- Peacock & Vine by AS Byatt–I loved Possession, and this one looks really good too, following the lives of two artists in the 1800s. (avail 8/2)
- Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew’d by Alan Bradley–I really like this mystery series, though I have not stayed caught up with it. I think the characters are really interesting and I love the titles and covers for the books too (avail 9/20)
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo–The first book was so much fun. (avail 9/27)
- Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple–Where’d You Go, Bernadette’s author’s new book–sign me up. (avail 10/4)
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood–I think Atwood is an absolutely brilliant writer who can write anything. I have no idea what this book is about, but I’m going to be reading it. (avail 10/11)
- The Boy Is Back by Meg Cabot–The story of a guy “who must face his past in order to find his future.” It’s by Meg Cabot, so it’s going on my TBR. (avail 10/18)
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith–Pretty much anything by Zadie Smith makes me excited. I think her first novel was one of the best first novels of this (granted very new) century. (avail 11/3)
- Moonglow by Michael Chabon–I’ve only read one of his books, but it was great and I’d love to read more from him. (avail 11/22)
3 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Releases I Can’t Wait to Read (But Probably Will Until I Can Get Them at the Library)”
Crooked Kingdom is the first book I’ve ever pre-ordered and ohmygodIneeditnowwwwwww.
Joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think the Rowling book will be on a few lists. I also want (badly) the Bardugo!
The Cursed Child was on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-61/