Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature brought to you by the Broke and the Bookish.
Normally I try to avoid ‘what if’ scenarios because they usually mean I am spending way too much time dwelling on things that probably won’t happen (and the less time we can all spend worrying the better). But even though it does not do to dwell on dreams, dreaming about books is pretty much the best thing you can do. Besides reading them.
So here are 10 books that would be in my hands (or on their way) if some fairy person handed me a gift card and told me that I should add to my library.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling (I don’t think this needs any explanation)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: The Illustrated Edition by JK Rowling (One of my friends in book club has this book and I am so jealous)
- Middlemarch by George Eliot (I read this last year for my challenge, and I want to add it to my library)
Honestly, as much as I’d love to buy all the books for myself, I know if someone really handed me a card like that, I’d buy books for my friends and family as well.
- For P–my fiancé is sometimes very difficult to find books for. But when it comes out, the 6th Song of Ice and Fire book would be exactly what he’d want. He really enjoys epic fantasy with interesting characters (and dragons don’t hurt).
- For A–my best friend hasn’t read J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan, and I think it would be the best gift for her as she loves all the film adaptations and all things Disney in general.
- For C–my mom is easier to find books for. She loves irresistible stories with a hint of the exotic or the magical. She loved Deborah Harkness’ All Souls Trilogy, but I think she should try Uprooted by Naomi Novik next.
- For M–my friend’s favorite book is Pride and Prejudice, and I’d love to buy her a really nice hardcover copy.
- For I–my Nana loves romance and mystery–I think she’d like Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
- For K–my brother loves Edgar Allan Poe and I think he’d really be into H.P. Lovecraft, so I think I’d find him an anthology.
Well that’s how I think I’d spend my gift card. What book would you buy right now without a second thought? Do you have other recommendations for the readers on my list? If so, I’d love to hear them in the comments. I’m always looking for new books for the people in my life and love getting new ideas!
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: If I Had a Fully Loaded Gift Card…”
i am so excited for the illustrated Chamber of Secrets! I’ve preordered mine (it’s way cheaper that way!) My TTT
Aww! I love that you would buy books for others! You’re such a giving person while all of the rest of us are thinking of ourselves! 😉
My TTT: http://www.anovelglimpse.com/2016/08/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-youd-buy-right-this-second-if-someone-handed-you-a-fully-loaded-gift-card/
Peter Pan is one of my favorites! ❤️ You created a great list!
Aunt Jodi just finished the first book on your list. You might want to let her know,you’d like to read it.
Aww so cute that you would buy books for friends too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/top-ten-tuesday-68/